Hi everyone! I’m so excited to show you this project that I have been hinting about. I’ve been struggling with this boring and little used tv room in the new house. It is so rarely used partly because the kids prefer their bedrooms or the main family room, but also because I only ever got the basics in there for decorating, but never made it special. Well, that’s all changed! Walmart sponsored this post, which allowed me to collect maps from their Art.com site. I’ve been collecting for a couple of months, and just put them up.
Here is one angle of the room in it’s plain before state:
And here is the huge wall when you walk in, which is where I made the feature wall. I used maps that are special to me (places I’ve lived, vacation spots, places near me, etc.) and covered the entire wall with them:
I used thumbtacks and did it sort of randomly, starting in one corner and moving down and out. It took some tweaking, standing back and assessing and moving them around, but was still a super easy project. I tried to use maps in the same color schemes. Here are some closeups:
I’m on the lookout for a teal rug like the color of the Cape Cod map below to add some more color to the room:
I also really like the pop of pink in the room. I grew those flowers myself, which is a huge step for me!
There are some gaps which I could fill in with double sided tape or wallpaper glue. I’ve seen some tutorials where people do that, but I wanted a more temporary solution, and it works for me:
So that’s about as many photos as I can reasonably show you of the same wall. I hope you like it!
Here are the links to the maps I used and some others I considered. You can click any to view it. My one suggestion if you do this project is to make sure you get both vertical and horizontal maps to both fill the space and to keep it interesting:
Those are the maps I gravitated towards, but there are so many more at Art.com, here. It’s a great site because you can find basically anything there.
Thank you for reading and thank you Walmart for sponsoring this project!