Ok, we are getting there, finally. As you know, we went with the white paint (more here if you missed it). I’m glad we did. Although I don’t think either choice would have been a mistake, I love the white so there is no reason to look back or have regrets.
Here is an overview…. and then I’ll list some changes we made and some issues that you may notice:
What you haven’t seen and some issues:
1. I moved the couch to the other side of the room so I could add the daybed from the office to this room. It was a spontaneous decision (by me, at 3am), and we all love it. It’s off to the right in this image, and you’ll see it more below. Now I need something for the office (more later).
2. The redwood slab table is way off center now. It is 900 pounds and the biggest pain to move, so that is the only real downside of this new arrangement. My husband and son and 7 of my son’s friends can do it, but it takes some organizing (and then I’ll cook them Mexican food and brownies or something).
3. When the table is moved, I think I’m going to pull the rug out and use it under the daybed.
4. The gold candle chandelier is hanging over the sofa now. It needs to be moved to over the tulip table.
5. The window to the right of the fireplace lost its hardware during painting. Obviously, we need to fix it and the curtains will go back up.
6. The sconces will eventually be changed. And the pillows are a mess, but since this isn’t a real reveal (where I would stage), I didn’t bother to fix.
7. The brown wicker blinds will come down!
8. Finally, the big question. The black stripe to hide the tv. While it DOES really effectively hide the tv, I was wrong that it would be either instant love or hate for me. Instead, sometimes I love it and other times I hate it. I just need to live with it a bit and then decide. As always, comments/thoughts are welcome!
Ok, on to a more in-depth tour. I moved just a few feet to the right with each snap to show you the entire room in a circle:
And a couple of closer in shots.
This is the best I have ever photographed the sofa for color accuracy:
I do love this corner of the room:
This shot shows the curtain rod that got broken during painting….to be fixed soon. And I have to decorate the table:
The bar cart is a Home Goods score, but I haven’t had time to decorate it yet. Oh, and the black thing on the windowsill is Bobby’s computer monitor. I truly don’t know why it is on the window sill, but it will be moved 🙂
They say to crouch down real low for a different perspective, and I’m glad I tried it. I kind of like this image:
Now I feel like I might be repeating images, so I’ll leave you with my favorite:
Of course I will keep posting about this room as the remaining issues are addressed. But for now, I want to thank you all again for your comments and emails and advice about this room. I hope you guys know how much you helped me with this project, and I feel SO lucky to have you as readers.